Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Morning - NECC

I'm here! OMG! So much stuff...and I'm loving it. :)

My co-worker and I arrived on a plane from Amarillo, TX yesterday about 5:00. Unfortunatley we missed the opening keynote, but we did make it to Rhonda Curtsinger's poster session. Rhonda Curtsinger is a teacher in one of our Region 16 distrists - Hereford ISD - that does amazaing things with her students. She will be presenting what she did with her kids on Tuesday, July 1st. Come! See!

We literally rolled off the plane, got our luggage, found a taxi, dropped our stuff in our room, and headed over. We're very excited to be staying in the Marriott Riverwalk - right across the street from the Conference Center. That doesn't happen very often.

I'm actually sitting in the blogger's cafe right now - just saw David Jakes. I am planning on attending his session at 11:00; however, I might need to head that direction NOW to get a seat. With over 18, 000 people in attendance, will I get a seat in any session at all?

My co-workers and I went to Starbucks this morning before heading over to the conference center. Have to have that coffee so I can wake up. Is that sad? I will say, though, that we have been asked at least 5 times (and counting) where the Starbucks is located. Most say it's too far (there is one in the food court of the RiverCenter mall), but it's an interesting "experiment" none-the-less.

A sidenote here - this past Thursday night (the 26th) I was typing - working on homework - and felt something "pop" in my right hand (and, of course, I'm right-handed). Very painful. I went to the doctor on Friday and was told I have a cyst on either a tendon or a muscle that is pushing against a nerve. Too much typing. He said coming to the conference would probably help because I wouldn't be typing as much. Little did he know... :) Anyways - I go to the hand surgeon on July 7th. I am currently wearing a wrist brace for support and am trying to be as careful as possible. I have to type, though. I must journal my first NECC experience! :)

More to come tonight after the sessions...

No comments: